Saturday, December 1, 2007

Greetings and Ruminations

Hi, "all."

Eventually I'll figure out how to get yours truly's pic on here.

In the Republican debate the other night, they were all falling over each other over "illegal immigration." Personally, if you want to be "tough" on illegal immigration, how about cancelling the Thanksgiving holiday?

I mean, what customs screening did the Pilgrims go through, and had the Native Americans in Massachusetts issued visas?

There was a question from an NRA member who had an assault rifle tossed to him, pulled backed the trigger and locked, and told the overwhelmingly sympathetic candidates, "Don't worry, you can answer any way you like," sarcastically.

Now, I'm not an abolitionist. Of course, I don't know of anyone who has proposed legislation outlawing all firearms, and if someone has, I'd disagree with it. But - speaking of the NRA - these are the people who chose to hold their national convention in Colorado right after the Columbine incident; and now a member implies that assassination of a politician who disagrees with its agenda is acceptable conduct. If I were someone with a gun who felt that the issue was worth advocating, I'd think about improving the quality of the organization who speaks out for me.

Tomorrow, snow??

The Brahmin

No comments: