Monday, December 24, 2007

Hussein and Hilla the Hun

Now, if you're a right-winger and thought by googling these search terms you'd come up with a dittohead...SURPRIIIIISE...Go back to calling Nigeria a "continent" - that was uttered by a certain presidential candidate who in 2000 who scoffed at the notion of nation-building.

That said, it seems 2006 was just the Dems' coming up for air on their insatiable masochistic binge. Their only two front-runners are someone who is going to guarantee that 5 million first (and only) time voters are going to get up at 4 am to vote against her in November (before they go back to temping at Bob Evans), and someone who has a middle name of Hussein, is black, and has said he won't run any negative ads (a la Presidents Dukakis and Kerry).

I have a particular problem with the Obama people - and no, I've never had any Oprah issues. Several months ago, Obama spoke at the Marriott over on Adams Street, across from the Kings County Courts. That evening I was chilling @ the pub and a crowd of the Obama people walked in, having just come over from the event. They eagerly waited for press coverage of his speech - completely understandable. I wasn't particularly keen on the guy, but I listened intently. After it was done, I thought I'd chat with a couple of them...we are, after all, Democrats, aren't we? A couple of them were, to be sure, very friendly and we went back and forth - basically I lamented the media's anointment of him (and Clinton and Edwards) instead of substance; they talked about things like "energy" and "hope" - and I'm truly not selling them short...remember, according to radio listeners, Nixon won the 1960 debates.

A few days later, the gal behind the bar on that particular night was saying that the group was talking about me after I left...I was a "racist", a "Nazi", an "ignoramous," and...I love this one...a "Republican."

So Hillary's inviting new people to the process who all will vote against her. And the new people Obama's inviting? Well.................

The Brahmin

No comments: