Monday, December 3, 2007

A Job I Want

I would like to fax my resume to a community newspaper in Florida - it doesn't really matter what town; or what neighborhood. I'd like to write a column for the paper and express my views on everything from national politics to the quality of graphite on pencils.

By the way, I've never been to Florida in my life. Would like to one day to catch Spring Training in Port St. Lucie; but as of now it hasn't happened yet.

Now why on earth would I want this job I speak of, and why on earth do I think anyone should hire me?

There's a community "flier" newspaper called the Park Slope Courier. It has some decent coverage of local politics, cultural events and other developments (including the Atlantic Yards boondoggle). It also clearly has a right-wing editorial bent - nothing wrong with that (although about a year ago it published a letter to the editor operating from the patently false notion that Puerto Ricans were illegal immigrants). In any event, one of its regular columnists, who offers typical pro-Republican talking points among other musings week to week, isn't from Park Slope, or even Brooklyn. He lives in Florida.

So, "North Tampa Weekly" or "South Beach Bugle," are ya hiring?

The Brahmin

No comments: